Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Whiteboard Article

I read the whiteboard article and found the idea of using wikis as a way to make students "experts" on a topic in a short time. It reminded me of many activities my fourth graders do that involve choosing a sub topic related to what we're studying. After researching together, they then creating a poster or other visual to use in presenting what they've learned to their classmates.

I'm not sure that having all of my students try to do this in wiki form would work, due to lack of computers, space, time, etc. However, it might be worth trying to rotate into the mix once in awhile.

1 comment:

  1. I had the same reaction to using wikis with second graders. It does seem like it would be worth a try, but maybe not something to use all of the time.

    ReplyDelete